Monday, June 30, 2014

Central Park in New York City

Jeremy and I spent a fun weekend in NYC thanks to Achilles! He hand cycled, and I ran for the first time in my life (and I did pretty good until two days later when my body felt it, giggle). We planned for him to run, but, well, being a double above-knee amputee is challenging at different times for different reasons. It's a constant challenge. We are grateful for the opportunities and caring from the many (MANY) people who support us, THANK YOU! Jeremy is a strong, resilient man, and he is always focused on the positive ways to work on his recovery.

A reporter interviewed us after the race:


Bike fitting the day before the race
Morning of the race
View of the Empire State Building from our room
(lit up in honor of gay pride)


"It is a very old saying that you never know what you can do until you try. The more I see of life the more I am convinced of the wisdom of that observation." Calvin Coolidge


No comments: